Tel: 704-998-2329 | Fax: 704-376-1628
Download vCard | Download Bio
A native of Cabarrus County, William joined the firm in 2004. William regularly represents local government agencies, health care organizations, nonprofit entities, professional services, public authorities, real estate developers and financers, and religious organizations. He assists clients with respect to board governance, corporate, environmental, land use planning, local government and real estate matters. William is an active member of the Nonprofit Entities & Tax-Exempt Organizations, Corporate/M&A and Commercial Real Estate Practice Groups at JAH. In 2015, William was appointed by the Concord City Council to a three year term as Commissioner on the City of Concord Planning and Zoning Commission. In 2016, William was appointed to a three year term as Director on the Board of Directors for the Cabarrus Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Board Governance
- Land Use Planning
- Local Government
- Real Estate
- Local Government
- Public Authorities
- Nonprofit and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Board of Directors
- Health Care
- Environmental, Energy and Natural Resources
- Real Estate
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D., 2003)
- Davidson College (B.A. History, cum laude, with Honors in History, 2000)
- North Carolina, 2003
- South Carolina, 2004
- Local Government: Represent joint government agency in connection with contractual agreements and real estate issues.
- Public Authorities: Represent local public authority in connection with zoning, real estate matters and general governance formalities.
- Nonprofit and Tax-Exempt Organizations: Represent international religious order with respect to governance structure and governance documents matters, including matters related to school ministries.
- Board of Directors: Represent Board of Directors of local private club in connection with general board governance matters, including attendance at board meetings.
- Health Care: Represent multi-state hospital system and affiliated medical practice group in commercial business transactions, including preparation and negotiation of contracts and the acquisition, disposition and leasing of real estate.
- Environment, Energy and Natural Resources: Represent nonprofit and for-profit organizations in evaluation and analysis of environmental due diligence materials.
- Real Estate: Represent clients in the negotiation and preparation of purchase and sale contracts, commercial leases and related real estate documents, including the handling of real estate closings from title review through disbursement.
Honors and Awards
- North Carolina "Super Lawyers" Rising Star (2012 - 2016)
- Charlotte Business Journal's "40 Under 40" (2016)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, Real Property Section, Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Section and Health Law Section, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Real Estate Section, Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Member, South Carolina Bar Real Estate and Environment and Natural Resources Sections
- Alumnus, Leadership Cabarrus, Cabarrus Regional Chamber of Commerce, Class of 2016
- Board of Directors, Cabarrus Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Commissioner, City of Concord Planning and Zoning Commission
- Member of the Corporation, Cabarrus County Boys and Girls Club
- Big Brother to Jaydon, Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Mentor, Davidson College Career Services Alumni Connection
- Member, Staff Parish Committee, Central United Methodist Church, Concord, NC