Tel: 704-998-2336 | Fax: 704-376-1628
Download vCard | Download Bio
Nick has been with the firm since 2003. He serves as counselor and advisor to business owners and boards of directors, as well as personally handling all aspects of acquisitions and sales, corporate finance transactions (from structuring through negotiations, key documentation and supervision of closings). He represents large institutional clients, middle market companies, entrepreneurial businesses in a variety of matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, strategic alliances, ownership succession matters, and other sensitive matters through every life stage of a business.
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Corporate Governance
- Commercial Transactions
- Commercial Real Estate
- Manufacturing: Full service representation for manufacturing clients in the machinery, textile, plastics and material fabrication industries
- Distribution: Full service representation for wholesalers and other distributors.
- Professional Services: Clients include medical providers, law firms and professional consulting firms (including accounting firms, architectural and engineering firms and computer software installation and maintenance firms)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D., with High Honors, 2003; Chancellors' Scholar)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (B.S., Accounting, summa cum laude, 2000; B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 2000)
- North Carolina, 2003
- Represented locally-owned convenience store chain in $275+ million disposition of 66 convenience stores and wholesale petroleum distribution operation to publicly-held southeast convenience store operator.
- Represented closely-held movie theater company in $125+ million disposition of 25 theaters in four-state area to publicly-traded acquirer.
- Represented regional healthcare provider in sale/leaseback of five multi-story medical office buildings comprised of 650,000 square feet with an overall transaction value of $125+ million.
- Represented family-owned retail chain in sale of 80+ locations to publicly-traded acquirer.
- Represented investor in connection with the restructuring and recapitalization of a joint venture and modification of related financing involving a mixed use development consisting of 24 properties owned by four related entities with a value after recapitalization of $32+ million
- Represented closely-held textile manufacturer in sale of manufacturing assets and subsequent reorganization of real-estate and other businesses.
- Represented carpet manufacturer in reorganization which included new institutional financing.
- Represented textile manufacturer in closure of plant and subsequent disposition of plant assets.
- Represented scrap metal recycler in reorganization and financing transactions.
- Represent parties in structuring, negotiating and documenting mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures in the medical, manufacturing and real estate industries
- Represent commercial real estate developers in negotiation and preparation of retail, restaurant and office leases to national and local tenants, and negotiation and preparation of easement agreements, master declarations and other site-specific land-use and management documents.
- Represent regional healthcare provider and affiliated medical groups (500+ physicians)in negotiation and preparation of leases of medical office space.
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- North Carolina Law Review, Staff Member, 2001-2002; Publication Editor, 2002–2003
- Order of the Coif, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2003)
Publications & Presentations
- Israeli Counter-Terrorism: "Targeted Killings" Under International Law, 80 N.C. L. REV. 1069 (2002)
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg Bar Association
- Leadership Gaston, 2010
- Board of Directors, Charlotte Community ToolBank, 2015-present
- Member, UNC-Charlotte Alumni Council, 2015- present
- Pro bono assistance to Board of Directors of Phoenix Montessori Academy in acquiring new location for school and other matters, 2014-present
* CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc. used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.